2009年5月31日日曜日

Greetings

1. How do you greet members of your family? (mother, father, older brother, younger brother, grandparents, etc.)
I greet members of my family in a casual way, like not "Ohayougozaimasu" but "Ohayo."

2. How do you greet people that are important in society?
If the people that are important in society, I would be very polite: "Ohayougozaimasu," "Konnichiwa" with a bow.

3. Do you greet people from the opposite sex in a different way?
I don't think sex does not matter when i greet people. I try to be polite to everybody if they are strangers to me.

4. Do you hug anyone? If yes, who and when. If no, why not?
Yes I hug my parents, my greandparents, and my close friends as I meet them or say good bye to them. Also, when they are kind and made me happy, i give them a hug.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Good evening!
    Oh, you hug your parents, grandparents and or so on.
    It's a nice relationship, right?
    I want to do that, but I'm a little shy.
    I think the culture of hugging should be spread in Japan, too.

    返信削除
  2. Hi anpanman,
    yeah I think I am more "americanized" than my parents or grandparents. My grandparents got used to be hugged by me, but they never give me a hug by themselves. It's always me who give a hug first..... so, try to hug until they get used to it! hehe

    返信削除
  3. hey my dear

    I hug you whenever I meet you ;) hehe

    I like your answer on number 3. it's a good idea!

    返信削除
  4. Hey Blackcherry,

    haha, cheers for that lol where's my hug?

    返信削除