2009年5月22日金曜日

Buddhism in our dairy lives

How is my daily life affected by Buddhism?

When we really want to apologize to someone, we don't just say "gomennasai" but also put our hands together. This reminds me of monks as they were given food, to show appreciation to people. I think this putting hands together shows our faithfullness to others.

During Obon, my family members go to my grandparents' house and visit graves to pray for my ancestry's rest in peace. I think this is related to Buddhism because I think the man idea of Obon is religious.

I think taking shoes off is also coming from Buddhism, because people does not wear shoes on as they enter temples. I think it is similar to Islam, as to think temple or minaret is a holy place.

In dairy life, we sometimes talk about what we want to be "if we were born again," and this idea of transmigration i think is coming from Buddhism.

Some of us like to burn incense in our room for enjoying the smell and for relaxing. There are many kinds of incenses sold in stores as candles in earsten countries which has numbers of christian people. I think that we tend to use more incenses than candles because of the Buddhism custom.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿